Friday, March 13, 2009

Thrifty Chicks and Never Pay Retail Again

Here are two blogs I found that I've enjoyed looking at and getting ideas from.

The Thrifty Chicks is a blog about "thrifting" or shopping at thrift stores as a means of getting wonderful stuff for not much money and also as a way of being more environmentally responsible. I especially like blog author, Shopping Go Lightly's "how to thrift" posts linked conveniently at the top left. I was inspired to take a run through the local Goodwill store and I found a zip up sweater that fit me beautifully for just $4.

Never Pay Retail Again is written by Jodi, who describes herself as "a mom of 3 fantastic kids-- ages 6, 4, and 1-- who has champagne tastes and a tap water budget" and "a new generation of coupon clippers" On her about page she writes, "I'm NOT a frumpy housewife, nor am I splitting toilet paper from 2-ply into 1-ply to save money. I'm a (relatively) hip mom who *loves* fashion at a (steep) discount and I save a TON of money on the things my family NEEDS, like food and toiletries, so I have the money to splurge on the things we WANT- like vacations, clothing, and a healthy savings account." Her site highlights shopping deals, sales, and coupon tricks and tips.


No comments:

Post a Comment