Thursday, December 16, 2010

Initial Ornaments or Stocking Tags

Day 16

A couple years ago I bought some stockings that are all pretty much the same (some red, some green). There used to be an eve
n number, but the year someone got sick Christmas morning meant losing the balance.
I haven't put people's names on them. Last year I made little paper tags for them but I don't know what happened to those. I decided to make something a little more permanent this year.
This was a fun project for the whole family to participate in. I got a package of red Crayola Modeling Clay. This is the clay that air dries. We rolled out the clay and using our alphabet cookie cutters, we each cut out our first initial. Then we used some plastic gem stickers I got from Oriental Trading Company for some other reason to add a little bling. The sticky of the sticker combined with pressing them into the clay has held them in tight. I used a toothpick to make a hole to tie them up with. We let them dry over night and then I turned them over and let them dry a bit more. When dry, they're kind of soft like foam. I thought it would be a good material for stocking tags since they would be within kid reach and handled quite a bit on Christmas.
I got the clay at Michaels with a coupon of course! They even had multipacks with different colors there. I bet you could make a lot of cute Christmas ornaments with the modeling clay.

No comments:

Post a Comment