Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Spicy Almonds Recipe

Day 21
I was looking for a non-sweet treat to make to send to my Grandma this year. I found this spicy almond recipe online at food.com by googling spicy almond recipe. The recipe calls for cayenne pepper, which I thought might make it a bit too spicy for Grandma, so I substituted chili powder. These were so yummy I think I'm going to make some more today.


  1. 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  2. 2Melt the butter in a medium-size saucepan.
  3. 3Add worcestershire sauce, cumin, sugar, garlic powder and chili powder.
  4. 4Cook over low heat for 2 - 3 minutes.
  5. 5Add the nuts and stir to coat evenly with seasonings.
  6. 6Spread the nuts on an ungreased baking sheet and toast for 15 minutes, turning occasionally.
  7. 7Remove from the oven and toss with salt.
  8. 8Cool.


  9. I could have even used more nuts than it called for since there was extra topping even after mixing really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment